Friday, June 29, 2007

Random Kyoto Moments

LEFT: my Japanese style room in the Hostel. It was actually really nice, I was missing tatami mats! And the room was only 3500円 per night! I met a lot of cool people from all over the world. I met an Aussie that is a sort of best-man at his Japanese friends' wedding, a British psychologist, a Spanish gal, and plenty others!







I got a lot of mosquito bites, despite showering in bug repellant. And they all swelled like this one :(







LEFT: this is the "Pon De Mon" cake place. They have this cool machine that makes these little cakes that are filled with anko (sweet bean paste) and they have a slight cinnamon flavor. THe top of the cakes is stamped with a mini iron in the shape of a geisha/maiko head! This little shop is in Kyoto Station (京都駅)







Walking around, I saw mom's car! I love all the Toyota cars here. I even saw several "Toyota Rent a Car" which I haven't seen in the states.












Some of the McDonalds in Kyoto are not red... they are BROWN!!! My friend M tells me that this is to "blend in" with the traditional scenery of Kyoto. I thought it was a hoot!

No comments: