Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ochanomizu 御茶ノ水 & Origami!

Since we have Wednesdays off from school, we went to Ochanomizu to visit the Origami Kaikan. It was a beautiful day, and I liked the buildings/water/train/bridge action there....






















Along the way we saw a bar that was called "Oregon Magic". I thought that was pretty cool, but I couldn't figure out why it was named that...



















Finally we found the Origami place (I had a crappy map)- it was REALLY COOL! We got to watch a guy painting the gold papers, looked like a boring job, but I liked it since it smelled like the printshop/lithography...

We were probably there for over 2 hours, talking to the very nice employees and looking at paper!!! Ooo gorgeous, it was so hard to decide on some! I bought a really neat book, and even got it autographed by the author! He was a really neat guy and taught me some new folds. The shopkeepers told me I was excellent at Japanese and asked how many YEARS I had lived here! I was very pleased.

No comments: