Thursday, April 5, 2007

Mixer Picnic and Concert!

FIRST YEAR MIXER PICNIC
I met a lot of people and ate a kinda nasty bento lunch. I *think* it was shrimp in its past life. Afterwards, I talked to many Japanese students and made several friends.

They taught me how to use the IR feature on my cell phone- you can "send" your contact info (name, phone number, email etc.) by "sending IR" and pointing your cell phone at theirs! Really neat!







Group #9 at the mixer picnic. Pretty Sakura (cherry blossoms) in the background!












My host father and I went to the "New Tokyo Chamber Orchestra" Concert. They played a lot of Czerny (a pupil of Beethoven's), some Beethoven and Schubert. There were two lovely singers, a Soprano and a Tenor!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow. Wish I could have been with you at the concert! I'd have loved to hear the soprano! :D Did you catch the name of the woman? Maybe I've heard of her...